Let's face it. As Catholics, we all know we should be spending more time with the scriptures.
But the whole "discipline" thing can be kind of hard.
That's why we created the 30 Day Scripture Challenge to make it very easy for you. It will help you get into the habit of reading the Bible each day, taking a few minutes to think through their impact in your life, and help you to deepen your relationship with Jesus.
Ready to get started? Read below for the details.
- Sign up for the 30 Day Challenge II and receive a brief Scripture reading from 1 Thessalonians every day for a month.
- You can read more if you want, but consider what's included in the email to be the absolute minimum.
- After you finish reading, take 5 minutes to think about what you read and how it might be related to your life, right now.
- I also recommend jotting down some notes in a journal of some sort. That helps me, at least, reflect and retain what I've read. I trust you'll find it helpful as well, especially as you come back around again to the same text the second or third time.
- If you miss a day, pick up with the next email. Don't feel pressured AT ALL to make up for missed days. Feeling that pressure can make it too hard to continue. This is all grace! Plus, you'll come back round to the text you missed again. The repetition helps us become more familiar with the text and lets the meaning "sink in" as the waters of the scriptures wash over us.
How it Works
- Sign up for the Challenge and read the daily email every day.
- Record your progress in a journal or an app (coach.me is a good one).
- Join the Resurrection Facebook page for accountability and encouragement. Use the hashtag #my30days.