At Church of the Resurrection, our primary avenue of faith formation for children is our K-8 School. However, our parish also contains many families who choose to homeschool and several families whose children attend public school.
Whatever school setting you've chosen for your child, we want to partner with you to ensure that they come to know, love, and serve Jesus Christ and his Church.
There is no greater impact you can have on your child's faith life than to grow in your own walk with God. For this reason, we encourage every parent to check out our Alpha Course and to join a discipleship group. For more information, please see our Adult Formation page.
For Every Family:
The Disciple of Christ- Education in Virtue™ is a curriculum structured on the teachings of St. Thomas Aquinas regarding the virtues and gifts of the Holy Spirit. Developed by the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist (the order of Dominicans who teach at Resurrection School), it aims to provide a consistent structure and systematic instruction for youth to learn about the virtues so that they can form the habits and dispositions necessary to live as disciples of Jesus Christ. This curriculum emphasizes Christian discipleship as indispensable toward human flourishing and the quest for joy. To see the available products, click on their logo above. You can order a Family Kit through their website, or by contacting the parish offices. We recommend this to every family in the parish!
For Specific Grade Levels:
While we no longer offer "CCD" or "Religious Education" in a classroom setting on the parish campus, we partner with families through online learning via My Catholic Faith Delivered, an online learning portal. We will soon have an easy access page for signing up for this program. This learning platform:
- allows you to plan a time for Faith Formation at a convenient time for your family - material is available 24/7 online.
- lets your child to work at their own pace and includes interactive activities and games.
- links to the parish so we can monitor your child's progress
- provides the parish with electronic documentation of sacramental preparation
- is very affordable - just $25 per year for grades 1-8, and $30 per year for grades 9-12.
- PLUS- there are several courses for adults, too!